Thursday 10 September 2009

Captain Beefheart - Free Trade Hall - 8th June 1974

This is the ticket for Captain Beefheart at the Free Trade Hall, Manchester on 8th June 1974. I think this was with the new Magic Band, whom everyone hated. The original Magic Band had quit because of their disklike of the Captain's new direction on the "Unconditionally Guaranteed" record and in were drafted : Ty Grimes, drums; Paul Uhrig, bass; Michael (Bucky) Smotherman, keyboards; Dean Smith, lead guitar; Fuzzy Fuscaldo, rhythm guitar and Del Simmons on flute and tenor sax. Personally I really enjoyed this gig. I liked the new songs especially "Upon The My O My", "This Is The Day" and "Peaches". For a peak of the Captain around this time checkout this streaming video: courtesy of the excellent Captain Beeheart Website "The Captain Beefheart Radar Station".

1 comment:

  1. I'm amazed you can remember anything from back then. Or is it just your short term memory that's shot?

    ReplyDelete