Tuesday 8 September 2009

Faust - Free Trade Hall - 6th June 1973

This is the ticket for Faust at the Free Trade Hall, Manchester on 6th June 1973. This is the first concert I remember going to. I had probably been to a couple previously, but nothing special. Faust on the other hand changed my musical landscape forever. Up until the first Faust lp I'd been into popular groups such as T.Rex, Slade, Sweet, I then progressed (pardon the pun) to Van Der Graf Generator and Jethro Tull. But Faust were the band that changed all that. My love affair with Krautrock had began. The support was provided by Gong (circa Flying Teapot) who played an exceptional set. Faust came on in half light, very minimal. I remember the drummer wearing just his vest and underpants. Faust played a great set including a long drawn out version of "It's a Rainy Day, Sunshine Girl" For anyone interested checkout a great Faust site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment